Hearing loss is often a slow process, making it easy to ignore the subtle changes in your ability to hear sounds. Even though children are regularly tested, most adults don’t even think about scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. So why should your hearing be any less relevant than your eyesight?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing examined on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Potential hearing issues can be revealed by everyday situations. Do you regularly need people to repeat themselves? Do you have a difficult time hearing in loud settings? Are you constantly cranking up the volume on your TV? If you answered “yes” to most of these questions, it’s time for a hearing examination.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association recommends hearing screenings every decade until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: If other members of your family have hearing problems, this is an excellent reason to schedule a hearing test with us.
- Establishing a Baseline: We will utilize baselines, which will give a frame of reference for further comparison to monitor changes to your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Problems, such as earwax accumulation, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be detected early on by routine hearing exams, preventing additional damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can in some cases point to root medical disorders such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. If you do have one of these disorders, treating it may help your hearing.
Untreated hearing loss can have far-reaching consequences, impacting your social life, emotional well-being, and even physical safety. Remaining alert to significant sounds of your environment, enjoying social situations, and being able to fully engage in conversations, are all examples of how hearing aids can enhance your overall quality of life.
Don’t miss out on the sound of a loved one’s voice, the laughter of a grandchild, or an important work meeting.
Schedule a hearing test with us today to protect your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.